Dashboard cameras are also known as dash cams, dashcams, car cameras, car DVRs, or even accident recorders (although they do record a lot more than just accidents – see below). They are becoming ever more popular in Africa.
10PointZero offers a wide variety of onboard vehicle cameras from various manufacturers that continuously record the view through a vehicle’s windscreen. It may be attached to the interior windscreen or to the top of the dashboard, by suction cup or adhesive-tape mount.
Most our dash cams on sale simply plug in to power, automatically start when your car does and record video onto removable storage. When you hit your storage limit, the system will begin to overwrite the oldest files in a never-ending loop.
Advantages of having a DashCam in your Car
Most people buy a dashboard camera for security reasons. Rightly so, because having a dash cam running when you get involved in an accident or suffer a hit-and-run will give you an invaluable advantage in case you ever need to prove your case in court or to your insurer.
With a dash cam, you will be able to keep reminders of those magical moments that occur during your holiday drive, and share them with your friends and family.
So the main reasons why you want to have a dashboard camera in your car are:
- Prove your case in the unfortunate event of an accident
- Report bad drivers / road rage
- Protection for your parked vehicle
- Protection from insurance fraud
- Record your route and driving speed
- Monitor your employees and vehicle fleet
- Record holiday and weekend trips
- Capture scenic routes
- Share fun or unlikely events with your family, friends, or the world.